Amazon is closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 and working quickly to get groceries and essential items to customers as fast as possible. Whole Foods Market stores and Amazon Go Grocery store throughout the area will remain open, providing vital goods for customers.
Here are some Amazon updates on how they are supporting customers and employees during this difficult time:
In Whole Foods Market Stores:
- The introduction of enhanced cleanliness and sanitation protocols across all stores and facilities, on top of standard stringent protocols.
- The implementation of social distancing guidelines in stores, encouraging customers and employees to maintain safe spacing while shopping and working alongside each other.
- Increasing the number of locations of hand sanitizer stations available for use by shoppers and Team Members, including for shopping carts and checkout.
- An adjustment of store hours. Whole Foods Market stores will service customers 60+ for one hour before opening to the general public under the new adjusted hours. Stores will close up to two hours early giving Team Members more time to restock shelves, sanitize stores and rest in preparation for the next day.
- The suspension of food and product sampling and demos.
- The closing of self-serve offerings.
- The suspension of allowing personal, reusable containers.
With the Delivery Service:
- Actively adding more capacity for delivery and pick-up options for Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market. If delivery and/or pickup is unavailable, our Whole Foods Market stores remain open for our customers’ needs.
- Working around the clock with suppliers to get needed items in stock as quickly as possible and temporarily prioritizing pantry, household staples, and other high-demand products.
- Limiting the purchase quantities of high-demand items.
Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, and Whole Foods Market delivery customers always have the option to select “unattended delivery” during checkout if they prefer not to come into contact with others. Orders not containing alcohol are eligible for unattended delivery, and will be left in a location specified by the customer.