Getting gifts to loved ones across town or across the country—while maintaining the surprise—is more challenging than ever, especially with so many working from home. Amazon wants this holiday season to be as stress-free, convenient, and safe as possible for all customers, which is why we’re providing a variety of benefits and options when it comes to shipping, delivery, pickup, and returns.
This holiday season Amazon is helping customers plan ahead, know their options, and take advantage of the many ways Amazon can make life easier.
• Prime members in the U.S. can shop over 10 million items eligible for fast, free delivery, including millions of items available for Same-Day Delivery in 47 major metropolitan areas.
• To track a package when it’s out for delivery, customers can take advantage of Amazon Map Tracking. When the driver is close, customers can view the progress of their delivery on a map in real-time. Customers can also see the number of stops a driver has before their delivery arrives—it’s a helpful tool for customers to grab any packages off the front porch right after they arrive.
• Customers can send tracking information to friends or family via Amazon Share Tracking. Once the package ships, customers can visit ‘Your Orders’ on the Amazon shopping app, select their purchased item, and click the ‘Share Tracking’ feature on the tracking page. Once selected, customers can easily send a link to the tracking information via SMS, email, or messaging apps such as WhatsApp. If the customer marks the item as a gift at check-out, once ‘Share Tracking’ is sent, the recipient can also virtually ‘unbox’ the item, send a thank you email, and more—right from the Amazon app.
• For busy customers with a packed holiday schedule, Amazon Estimated Delivery Window will provide a 2-4 hour estimated delivery window to help customers plan their day. Customers no longer need to worry about not being home when their package arrives—if they are out running an errand, they have a better idea of when to return home to receive their delivery.
• Amazon Day is a free, convenient delivery option available to Prime members in the U.S. Prime members can select one day of the week when they choose to receive all of their orders on one day of the week, often in fewer boxes, reducing the number of packages and deliveries. This delivery option makes it easier to protect holiday surprises from being discovered. Eligible items can typically be ordered for Amazon Day delivery up to two days before a customer’s chosen day.
• Another easy and convenient way for customers to keep their gifts under wraps this year is Key by Amazon In-Garage Delivery. This delivery option—which alleviates worry about packages going missing or potential weather damage from snow, heat, or rain—lets eligible Prime members with a myQ smart garage door opener or myQ Smart Garage Hub receive packages securely inside their garage.