It is very hard to believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner. You may not have visited the local market to purchase your provisions however; you should be planning the statement your holiday feast will be sending to your guests. Creating the perfect table scape provides a cozy and memorable experience for everyone who is welcomed to your home. Here are a few ideas to consider this year as you create your Thanksgiving feast.
• Choose a color scheme is a great starting point for setting your Thanksgiving table. Orange, yellow, and brown might seem like the go-to colors for decorating your dining room table. But playing with shades like a deep indigo and a soft green can create a whole new atmosphere that your dinner guests are sure to love.
• Look to nature for easy, elegant ways to embellish your Thanksgiving table. A great option to introduce fall colors is to incorporate gourds with pumpkins into a centerpiece and top each place setting with a pear.
• Small details can make a big impact on your Thanksgiving table. Try tying handmade place cards to mini pumpkins for a personal touch that will make guests feel special. Mini pumpkins are cute enough on their own, but add some paint and you’ll have the most Instagrammable Thanksgiving table on the block.
• Fall is the harvest season, bringing in fresh produce from apples and cranberries to pumpkins and persimmons. Decorate your dining table with some of these seasonal favorites for an amazing autumn table decoration.
• Having fresh herbs and spices on your dining table may seem simple. But your guests will love the smell and natural aesthetic that a few sprigs of rosemary and a cinnamon stick can bring to the table.
• Invest in a versatile set of china embellished with fruit and acorns. You can utilize these easily from November to January by changing the accessories and color scheme for each holiday.
• Want your dinner to be really chic? Try incorporating some chinoiserie accent pieces. From plates and serving dishes to hand painted chinoiserie pumpkins, elegantly decorated dinner accessories will make your Thanksgiving meal feel über-preppy.
• Not every placemat has to hide underneath the plate like it doesn’t belong. Try upscale wooden planks in lieu of chargers for a rustic look. For a more lavish Thanksgiving experience, brighten up the table with pops of metallic. From candles to cups to a simple string of starry lights in the dining room, a little bit of metallic goes a long way.
• Whether you go for the smooth shine of silver, the rustic feel of copper—or even a mix of different metals—a few accessories can add a lot of pizazz to the dinner table.
• When it comes down to it, lighting plays a huge role in creating a comfortable and warm atmosphere during Thanksgiving dinner. Light up the faces of your loved ones with soft candlelight or tea lights to make your Thanksgiving evening feel enchanted.
Mulberry Seed Design