What is on the style horizon for 2019? Get ready for pops of color, big statements, bold kitchens, floral patterns, and eco-friendly accents. The minimalist trend is fading as people begin to embrace bold colors, patterns, and textures in their living spaces. These maximalist interiors are hitting the mainstream, and designers are mixing up styles from different eras in a very eclectic way. This is a look at what interior designers and homeowners will be introducing into homes this year.
• Natural Elements: Stepping away from the tech-obsessed decor we saw dominate the 2018 design trends, 2019 move towards fresh, natural materials such as stone, copper, concrete, and granite. These elements will help bring an organic and serene ambiance to any space while reflecting the world around your home.
• Velvet Furnishings: Believe it or not, velvet was seen as old fashion and stuffy, now viewed as a luxurious yet funky. This multi-dimensional fabric has already started gaining a lot of attention, leading many designers to believe velvet decor will be one of 2019’s most sought-after trends.
• Artisanal Fixtures: Like velvet pieces many designers have noticed a shift and that more decorators are partial to fixture from local artist and small businesses, especially lighting. Artisan fixtures personalize your home, and like natural elements, helps shifts homes focus from the tech world to the natural world.
• 70’s Chic: With many old design trends coming back in style this 2019, such as velvet and geometric patterns, our designers are expecting to see many nods to the 70s era. 70’s chic decor is all warm palettes, funky textures, and abstract silhouettes. Incorporating this trend into your home will bring out amazing personality into every living room or bedroom design.
• Black & White Décor: A truly timeless design trend, black and white furnishings will want to be on your list of trends to incorporate into your home’s decor this 2019. The visual contrast of black and white will provide a sense of balance and boldness to your home’s space.
• Warm Colors: The past few years we have seen designers and homeowners gravitate towards cooler colors such as blues and greens, so we are excited that warmer tones are going to be in for the new year. Tonal reds are a great way to add complimenting contrast while providing the warmth that makes your home more inviting.
• Burnt Yellow: Previously this shade of yellow was seen as too overwhelming and dramatic, yet in the coming year, the bolder the better. Yellow is a color that exudes happiness, confidence, and cheer. Whether used in accents or statement pieces, burnt yellow is sure to make your home feel joyous in 2019.
• Flower Power: We will see floral patterns in a new light. Decorators expect to find exaggerated proportions and contrasting colors used for this timeless decor pattern.
• Copper Accents: Rose gold was one of 2018’s most used decor trend, yet for 2019 we are expecting to see less rose gold and more copper accents, along with a mixture of other metals. With its red and orange tones and overall earthy hue, copper is a much-needed breath of fresh air for the new year.
• Brass Accents: 2019 is setting up to be a year where we wave goodbye to stainless steel and polished nickel, and welcome brass accents back into our homes. Brass is a surprisingly warm and subtle alternative to the expected steel accents.